Yesterday was the big day. No one was throwing up and we had to break down and do something Christmasy.
We started by getting tree. It takes a village to get a tree upright in it's tree stand around here, but we had lots of helping hands. Then we decorated it. We only broke 2 ornaments in the process. Tile floor is hard on Christmas balls.
After we decorated the tree, I opened a letter that contained some unexpected, and much appreciated, cash. I decided that my girls really should have new Christmas dresses (one of the many things I just haven't gotten around to dealing with this year). Zoe and I headed off to the Boca Raton Mall.
Let me tell you, this is a mall. Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, Tiffanys, Louis Vuitton, Nordstrom....plus a million other more normal stores. It was crowded and head-ache inducing.
As is typically the case with holiday attire, the early bird got it's worm awhile ago. The Christmas clothes were highly picked over. However, I managed to find a few cute things for the girls. Then I felt bad that the boys didn't have anything and I spent 2 hours scouring the crowded mall for matching ties. And when I came home the boys didn't care. At all. And Brock took off his (old)tie and demanded his shirt to be unbuttoned after about 3 minutes at church.
So, after Zoe and I returned from shopping, we went to a holiday boat parade. I thought it was really fun. There is an intracoastal waterway that is parralel to the ocean and large boats get decorated with lights and have a parade. There were fireworks and sparkley lights. It was a frigid 63 degrees and people were all bundled up in their hats, scarves and holiday gloves.
Today, we had the choir program at church. I joined the choir when we moved here even though Nathan hates that I leave for 2 1/2 hours on Sundays. Choir is never convenient. He wasn't too impressed after he heard us perform today. Our numbers are small and I would say that 30% of the participants are tone deaf. I guess our sweet spirits couldn't compensate for the lack of musicality. The conductor thanked me for my participation today in spite of the "inexperienced" members. Even she knows we sound terrible. Hysterical.
****I have been trying for the last hour to upload some super-cute parade and holiday attire photos. Once again, the computer gods have cursed me. My usb cord won't transfer the pictures. It used to, but now it won't. I have been trying to download some new software to see if that will help. So far, it hasn't. Imagine my cute kids. Especially Dylan. She looked amazing in her new red shoes. I die for that girl.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
For the record, I don't think Nathan needs anyone's synmpathy. He is an awesome dad and does great without me. He just misses me. We're in love.
ReplyDeleteAlso, he can get up at night with the kids, but I generally do it because I don't have to go to work and be useful the next day. I can hang out in my pjs and be delious, which is what I did. He will do whatever I need him to. I have been giving my side of the story, not trying to attack mi amor.
I think it's about time to get a tree...with only less than a week to go to Christmas. Sounds like you are getting moved in and getting adjusted. I think a boat parade sounds fun - now you just need a boat so you can join too. :)
ReplyDeleteI laugh every time I read your posts. Is that very nice to say? Anyway, I am glad you are blogging now. Hope you Christmas turned out good despite the sickness.
ReplyDelete