Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Trip

We left our house at 1:00pm on Thursday. It took forever to finish all of the final details of our move. I really should have listened to all the people who told me I had lots left to do. They were right.

We didn't really have a detailed plan in mind; we were just going to start driving and see how things went.

Our first stop was in southern Kentucky. We discovered that Dylan had a major diaper leak and it took much longer than expected to get back on the road. We stopped again after we made it through Nashville to eat dinner.

At about 11:00, Nathan and I were exhausted. All the kids were asleep and we decided to pull over to sleep. Getting a hotel would just wake everyone up.

We pulled over and I put a large pillow over my head and pretended to sleep. About 2 1/2 minutes later Nathan informed me that every single person in the car was wide awake and that he would start driving again. Off we went. We stopped once more when Dylan was upset and then once about 160 miles from our destination for gas.

We arrived 20 hours after we left. The trip went much better than I ever could have hoped for. And I am amazed that Nathan stayed awake all night.

Friday I did lots of errands even though my brain was complete mush. The kids will start school on Monday. I hope they love it.

Today we went to the beach and the pool. Horace, my new BFF from U-verse was here for 6 hours and now we have the internet, a phone, and partially working tv's.

7 comments:

  1. Melissa,
    I am so sad I didn't get to see you before you left! Ben was SO sick. I am glad you got there without too much drama.

    Good to see you making new friends too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you made it there all right. I didn't know if calling would be more in the way--but I was sending good thoughts your way. I will call and we will plan our awesome trip to Disneyworld.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really glad too. We have also been praying that everything goes smoothly for you.--Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. I'm glad that all went better than expected. Hoop de hoop. I already miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah - nothing like a Florida beach ... my own children wish they were there today and yesterday and probably tomorrow ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad every thing went well. You didn't even have to go too long with out internet! YEAH! We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you made it there safely. We've never driven all through the night, I need my sleep WAY too much. Good Luck getting settled in.

    ReplyDelete