I am not sure when I will have the internet again. I am also unsure of when I will get a good night's sleep. We are currently waiting until morning (not sleeping) on a haphazard collection of air mattresses. This situation will only improve when we arrive at our new house (which is 95% tile) with the same unsatisfying bedding.
Sleeping aside, I will be so happy when this move is over. I am overwhelmed and grateful for all of the love and help that has been sent our way. We have great friends. We will miss you all!!!!
I went to pick the kids up from school since it was their last day. Zak was surrounded by a gaggle of fourth grade girls and many of them were crying. He was asked to spend his lunch recess in the school guidance counselor's office because several of his peers were so distraught that he was leaving. I knew he was handsome and nice, but I wasn't expecting that :).
Also, I have never had all of my kids volunteering to go to bed early, but these last minute moving chores really work like a charm. There is also a possibility that they are tired from last night's "mattress-free" non-sleep.
Moving always makes me wistful. This is the longest amount of time we have lived anywhere since we have been married. I have brought home 2 new babies to this house, and sent 3 kids off to kindergarten here. Empty houses always make me cry. But I don't think I will cry tomorrow. I think I will sleep.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're in our prayers today. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteLet us know your new address. We will miss you guys too!
ReplyDelete