Our stuff arrived!! Hurray. I am hoping to get to a Thanksgiving post that will list all of the things that I newly appreciate, but that will have to be later.
We had some great help unloading the truck. One man named Carlos kept saying, "Mann, you don't throw nothing away." (Imagine nacho libre accent)
It made me feel like the world's biggest packrat. The garbage here comes twice a week. I plan on having full cans every time.
We also received a citation for violating the neighborhood codes. Apparently no moving trucks are allowed. Not sure how anyone gets in or out of here without breaking that one. I am hoping they take the truck away soon before I receive a second notice.
I was taking a shower a few minutes ago. I had securely locked the door to my bedroom so I wouldn't have unwanted visitors. But, as luck would have it, I had several. A man (and his kids) from our ward came over. I had a full head of shampoo when Zoe announced his arrival from inside of my bathroom. She said to hurry because he was waiting outside. Perfect. (This also demonstrated that the Master bedroom lock is not effective. If Zoe can break in during my first attempt at solo-bathing, the odds for me having privacy are not looking good).
So, I quickly wrapped up my shower, threw on some clothes and ran downstairs. I was debating to leave the towel on my head or not, but it fell off while I was getting Dylan. Do you think he noticed the shampoo that didn't get all the way rinsed out? Me either.
I have been wondering what would have been worse: him seeing me straight out of the shower, or him seeing what I looked like BEFORE I showered. Not a great sight in any case. I have yet to get my pretty on here in FL.
So, I got to awkwardly make small talk with a man and his 3 kids that I have never met before while dripping wet in a house that has nowhere to sit, or really even comfortably walk. Good times.
He invited us over for desert tomorrow. I hope he doesn't recognize me with my full face of make-up on. I will even brush my teeth.
****the man was very nice and it is not really standard to shower at 1:00pm.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOL! Good times. I have never had privacy when I shower. I don't even know what that would be like. Glad your stuff got there.
ReplyDeleteWeird neighborhood code. I can see not letting it sit in the road for weeks, but to never be allowed to have it there at all? I am invisioning new move-ins carrying all of their boxes through the neighborhood to their new houses! Rediculous!!