Sunday, April 4, 2010

Weird Week

This week has been odd. People I love have: been robbed at gunpoint, given birth to a new baby, been very sick, miscarried, and celebrated important milestones. None of these people even live in the same state as I, but I have been affected by each situation.

I have had my own hands full with spring break in full swing. We have gone to the beach, build-a-bear, Easter-egg hunts at the park, the pool, the library, played with friends, made personal pan pizzas....there are other things too, but I can't think of them.

I wanted to make salt water taffy and found a recipe that called for "salt water" from the beach. On one of our beach trips I took a water bottle to retrieve some genuine salt water. During the course of the day, several of my family members acknowledged relieving themselves in the ocean. Since the recipe called for "sea" water, not "pee" water, we did not make taffy. Our dentist can thank me later.

I am ready to get back into the swing of normal life. Whatever that is.

1 comment:

  1. wow - sounds like a lot of stuff going on with everybody. You okay?

    ReplyDelete