Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A few things...

1--We went to Orlando. The trip was a success. We opted not to go to Sea World. Although we enjoy watching killer whales eat their trainers, we felt our time would best be spent elsewhere.

2--I cannot convince my family to subject themselves to even the idea of culture as entertainment. No one had any interest in EPCOT. At all. Maybe next time.

3--Zak and I rode on a Buzz Lightyear ride that keeps score while you attempt to shoot targets. My score was a respectable 1800. Zak's was 785,900. I was holding Dylan, but yikes, that is lousy.

4--Zak also ran into a former 1st grade classmate of his. It was a random encounter and the mother was far to excited about it. She was taking a million pictures, asking for E-mail addresses, and wanted the two of them to go on rides together. I had no problem with saying a quick hello, but we didn't need to pretend that we were best friends. Then or now.

5--I enjoyed the Big Thunder Railroad, but had to pretend I wasn't feeling sick on Space Mountain. This really disappointed me and made me feel super old.

6--Dylan narrowly escaped after a run-in with a highly aggressive seagull who was after the Kix cereal in her stroller tray. Luckily, her mom has mad bird fighting skills and totally saved her, and her cereal. An unfortunate soul with a freshly purchased churro was not so lucky.

7--Sometimes the GPS will be wrong and the wife will be right. Just sayin'.

8--Someone called me today and asked me what I had done. Short answer. Nothing. Long answer......I made cornmeal mush for breakfast, it was a mistake and will not be repeated in the near future; took the kids to school; changed 5 diapers,.... etc. The caller was persistent and it became increasingly difficult to describe the ever-busy nothingness that fills my days. She works at a UPS store. Much easier to define than the career of motherhood.

9--Words cannot express my gratitude to our cub scout troop leaders for taking on the entire process of pinewood derby car making. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I will not blame you when we lose.


10---Zak just emerged from the bathroom and is trying out a new hairstyle. Interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I love the seagull part! That't too bad about EPCOT. Even as a child, that was always my favorite part of Disney World.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: #4. Small world! Who did you run in to?

    ReplyDelete