About a year ago, I ran into one of the other Mom's on Zak's football team while we were doing our grocery shopping. She glanced into my cart and noticed my butternut squash. She then made a comment in passing about how none of her friends in Indiana knew what butternut squash was and that it was unfortunate and that she had a delicious, warm, butternut squash dip that she makes and loves.
I was thrilled to be gourmet enough to be familiar with this exotic type of squash. If only I would have been farther down my list she would have seen my quinoa. Dang.
I have been wanting to try a butternut squash dip for the last year. So, today, I went outside to my garden. I picked a fresh butternut squash and then made a delicious, warm dip. It really was good. I tend to get overly excited about new foods which can lead to unmet expectations, but this was delicious. You roast onions and garlic with the squash, blend it all together and season it. Eat with pita chips. Mmm.
I wish I could run into the football mom again and compare dip notes. But, alas, Indiana is 2 whole states ago for me.
Monday, September 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That sounds really good. I love butternut squash soup, but the only recipe I have for it is super labor intensive. It tastes good, but I didn't think it was really worth the effort required. Is the dip hard to make? I'd love the recipe.
ReplyDeleteHope all is well for you guys. Enessa said to tell Brock "hi".
Sounds delish! We were in Orem thus weekend and wanted to stop by to say hi but we just didn't have time. I hope you're doing well!
ReplyDeleteRecipe, please!
ReplyDelete