Sunday, May 30, 2010






My girl loves the beach. Loves. She likes to boogie board, walk along the sand, and run into the surf. We love that she loves it. Everyone else loves it too, but we are older and less novel.

We are liquidating our assets. I am learning what things are hot on Craig's List and what items no one wants. I really under-priced my freezer. Kind of a bummer.

I spent the day training my kids to call 911 and run to the neighbors in the event that a Craig's list purchaser began to attack me. If you are with me and I shout "Zebra," take my kids next door and call the police.

The person I was nervous about never came. After I emptied the dresser and nightstand. I find this highly irritating.

We finally sold our house in Indiana. I should be thrilled, but mostly I am tired and full of dismay regarding the entire situation. I have strong opinions about what realtor NOT to use in Indiana.

Reagan Elementary yearbooks are out and former classmates have remembered that they miss my kids. We have been fielding phone calls from several Indianapolis-area slumber parties.

I heard a few minutes of a hurricane preparedness seminar today. I am hoping the hurricanes wait until we leave, because we are fresh out of top ramen and I just sold our grill and our freezer.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, I have been enjoying your blog posts so much. But you have to give us a little bigger scoop on why the move? We're looking to relocate too. Jason got laid off in May and we're doing a nation-wide search for a job. House went on the market the 2nd of June, and boy is it a crummy market, I'm hoping we don't lose our shirts on this. Thinking of you, Lanae

    ReplyDelete