If you are looking for a way to kill time and watch your tax dollars be spent in a woefully wasteful way, you should quickly get yourself to the nearest Florida DMV.
You can enter and stand in long, slow moving lines.
It will not matter if you have an appointment.
There will be 2 people working (if you call it working) at the 10 available stations.
There will be 2 other people that are sitting at non-working compupters. They will not be making any effort to remedy the situation. Sitting, stairing aimlessly at computers while 65 people wait on hard, uncomfortable chairs, hoping that their number will be called sometime before they die. There were a lot of old people there, so death before DMV success is a feasible possibility.
There will be 7 other employess in the building who are seemingly doing NOTHING. You must pretend not to be frustrated by this.
There will be dozens of angry people who will use foul language as they are turned away for not bringing 2 pieces of mail and a certified copy of their birth certificate.
I think that the DMV employess should receive a prorated wage based on the number of people they are able to help...not the number of minutes they waste in between smoke breaks.
Nathan and I arrived for our 8am appointments at 7:55am. There was a long line of people. It did not matter that we had appointments, we still had to wait. My guess is that 45% of people in line end up leaving after they are told what documents they MUST have to obtain a license. Because this was my third time, I had everything I needed :).
Then you get your little number and wait. And wait. And wait. They call about one number every 20 minutes.
Nathan was called at 9:10. I begged to be called at 9:40 after my 2 children were done being happy and my husband was on a conference call with work. It was toture, but it is over. My picture is ok and Nathan's is terrible. I love that they didn't ask for my weight. I would have lied anyway.
This is what I am willing to endure to get discounted rates at Disney World. I hope it is worth it.
On an unrelated note, we had a perfect beach day yesterday.
Brock had a great time tandem-peeing with his friend today.
I am really good at Wii-fit Hula Hooping.
I wish I had the patience/resources to adopt a Haitian orphan. My heart breaks for those children.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Melissa, I need you to move back here. Now.
ReplyDelete